Wednesday, July 20, 2011

So, here we are...

So I'm hoping that this blog will be a seemless transition from my last blog, "arod138 in Beautiful West Chester, PA" My thought has been since I left West Chester is to somehow remain engaged in my new environment, but I can tell you that it's not going to be easy. I live in a south eastern corner of Jacksonville, Florida, a city which shares the footprint of Duval County, making it (by square mileage) one of the largest cities in the United States.


One of the things I let go of when I left Orlando on my 10 plus year journey in 1999 was to get away as far as possible from Urban Sprawl,  cookie cutter apartment complex's and subdivisions.  Yet here we are, back where it all started.  I've got some ligitimate mixed feelings about it, because on the one hand I know it's for the best, yet I do miss what I managed to achieve in West Chester in the form of making friends and community participation.


Well, what's done is done, and I plan to make the best of it.  As I discover more of the area, perhaps I'll find my little niche, the place where I belong.  I'll embrace every aspect of the place, and you know, some of the things I enjoyed about my life here pre-1999 are creeping back into my memory, things like Golf, Fishing, Cuban Food, the Beach, Shuttle Launches...well, scratch that last one...but suffice to say, things are going to be ok.


Want to be sure of that?


Follow this blog....

1 comment: